September 25, 2011
If I Had Stew - Update 3OK, still no word from Sony but I got lovely emails from Stephan at Kobalt UK and Alicia at EMI Australia with forms to fill out in order for me to get a "quote" on the price of my parody. I honestly don't understand why Kobalt and EMI want me to fill out a form that contains exactly the information that I put in the original e-mail, but if it gets their systems moving, I'm happy to do it.
So I now have applications in for permission from the publishers: EMI owns 1/3 of the song because Savan Kotecha was one of three co-songwriters along with Max Martin and Shellback, who are signed to Kobalt Publishing. If that comes through I will need to decide whether to Ask Sony for their original backing tracks, or to license the Karaoke version from Karaoke-version.com, or to just re-record my own backing.
At least Alicia gave me some numbers of people to ring at Sony Australia who might help out. Onto that on Monday ... Hope to be recording soon ...
Posted by Hughie at September 25, 2011 10:13 AM