January 1, 2004
Getting on with it
Well, so far, so good. Got the basics up and running - now trying to make it all look half-decent.
Played last night at the Mt Gravatt Bowls Club with my Celtic folk band, Bun' Ber E. That was our last gig until mid-Feb (see Gig Guide). It was also Andy's last gig with us as keyboard player. We'll have to see how Fred shapes up in the new year.
It's a funny gig playing that Celtic Folk stuff. Usually lots of enthusiastic toe-tapping from die-hards who don't show much appreciation, but last night they were dancing and hugging and generally going on.
Anyway, today's missions:
1) Get the legals (almost done) and other auxialliary pages working on this website.
2) See if Aaron is available to help record the fist five songs next week (since I haven't heard from Focksy). (Practice, practice, practice!)
3) Install new mic and pre-amp in the studio. Gonna re-design it a bit and reduce the number of cables heading to the outside world.
4) Create a "Media" category for Press Releases, etc.
5) Read Fred's KN-1000 manual and ry to work out how midi compatible it is.
6) Clean up the kitchen while the familiy's away ...
That's about it. I'll let you know how I get on.Posted by Hughie at January 1, 2004 10:01 AM